Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Today's Menu

Anyone who knows me is aware that I LOVE to talk about food, healthy food specifically.  When I started eating vegan all I did was talk about all the creative meals I was preparing.  I resolved not to give up on taste just because my diet was limited.  I realize that I must have annoyed the crap out of some of my friends who were not vegan but shit, gloating was all I had!  They had meat and I had gloating.  Really though I was excited.  I had found something so wonderful that I wanted to share it with everyone.  To my surprise and relish a friend of mine was totally into it. She even suggested that I start a blog and write down everything I eat so she can use it as a guide.  Months later technology-challenged me figured out how to start a blog.  So today's menu consisted of:

Breakfast- Oatmeal with Chia seeds.

Lunch- Whole wheat tortilla with trader joe's cuban black beans and salsa verde, sprouted lentils, and french fried onions. 

Dinner- Sliced Portabello mushrooms marinated in sweet baby rays BBQ sauce and cooked for 25 min at 400 degrees, turned halfway through.
Salad made with mixed greens, sprouted lentils, garbanzo beans, avocado and dressing (grey poupon mustard, clove of crushed garlic, rice vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper).

Also my quick sprouting method is to take 1/4 cup of lentils and soak them in water in a 1 quart jar over night. In the morning I screw a screen onto the lid and pour out the water and rinse/swish water around and empty and prop the jar up in a way that it won't hold water, usually on the dish rack. I rinse every AM and PM for 2-3 days or until my sprouts are the size I want, then put them in an airtight container in the fridge.  I have heard of doing the same thing using a colander rather than a jar. Ya welcome!
Holy crap, I figured out how to post a picture! This is epic... I'm exhausted.



No comments:

Post a Comment